Dental Crowns in Birmingham, MI
Restored Smiles at Premier Birmingham Dentistry
Don’t let a damaged tooth stop you from achieving a beautiful smile. At Premier Birmingham Dentistry, Dr. Stone provides high-quality restorations, including dental crowns. As one of Birmingham’s top dentists, Dr. Stone will help you achieve a newly restored smile that will have you feeling confident once again.
Don’t live your life with damaged teeth any longer! Schedule your appointment at our Birmingham office to learn more about porcelain dental crowns today.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns, also known as tooth caps, are placed over the entire tooth surface to restore its natural shape and size. Our porcelain crowns are used to restore the tooth’s natural performance and appearance, providing patients with functional smiles.
Your Birmingham dentist will typically recommend dental crowns to:
- Repair broken, chipped, or cracked teeth
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking or decaying
- Cover and support a tooth with a large filling
- Conceal discoloration or heavy stains
- Remedy misshapen teeth
- Finalize a dental implant or hold a dental bridge in place
Dental Crown Benefits
Custom dental crowns offer patients more than just a restored smile. Crowns are a popular restorative treatment as they provide our Birmingham patients with the following favorable benefits:
- Non-invasive procedure
- Quick two-appointment process
- Customized to match your surrounding teeth
- Maintains your bite’s function
- Long-lasting solution
- Easy to maintain
Receiving Your Dental Crown at Premier Birmingham Dentistry
At Premier Birmingham Dentistry, our top-rated dentist can restore your smile in just two appointments with dental crowns. Using five steps, Dr. Stone can improve both your smile’s appearance and function.
- Your initial consultation is the first step to a new smile. Dr. Stone will perform a full-mouth examination of your teeth, gums, and jaw to ensure a dental crown is the best choice for your dental needs.
- For your first crown appointment, we’ll reshape your affected tooth to ensure the restoration fits perfectly. We’ll use a local anesthetic to limit any discomfort.
- We’ll take digital impressions of your tooth once it’s been reshaped. These images are used to create a custom dental crown that will match your tooth’s natural color, shape, and size.
- Your crown will take about two weeks to make. During that time, our dentist will provide you with a temporary restoration.
- When the crown is ready, you’ll return to our Birmingham office for a final visit. Dr. Stone will make sure that your dental crown fits perfectly and looks natural. Once you’re happy with your restoration, we’ll secure it into place, and you’ll leave our practice with a beautifully restored smile.
How to Care for Your Dental Crown
When you take proper care of your dental crown, it can last up to 15 years. Your dentist recommends following these tips when it comes to increasing the longevity of your restoration:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste.
- Floss daily.
- Take caution when eating hard foods such as nuts, candy, and ice as they can cause your crown to crack.
- Let Dr. Stone know if you grind or clench your teeth at night, and he’ll recommend a custom night guard to protect your crown and other teeth from damage.
- Schedule regular checkups and cleanings at our Birmingham office.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, teeth whitening treatments won’t work on a dental crown. Porcelain dental crowns are resistant to staining and designed to match the color of your natural teeth. If you notice that your restoration begins to look whiter than your surrounding teeth, we can provide you with a professional teeth whitening treatment. We’ll ensure your teeth match your dental crown for a seamlessly beautiful smile.
To schedule a consultation for teeth whitening, call our Birmingham office at (248) 644-8520.
Fillings are a treatment for cavities, whereas dental crowns cover an entire tooth above the gum line. Both dental crowns and fillings are treatments used to address tooth damage and prevent further tooth decay. Each restorative option has many benefits and helps patients repair and protect their smiles.
No, the process of receiving your dental crown isn’t painful. The procedure is minimally-invasive, and our Birmingham dentist will apply a local anesthetic to ensure you feel comfortable. Following your procedure, it’s common to feel minor discomfort. We recommend managing any pain with over-the-counter medications and cold compresses.
Schedule Your Appointment With Our Top-Rated Dentist — Dr. Stone
At Premier Birmingham Dentistry, our restorations are unmatched and if your smile needs repaired, we have the solutions you need. Dental crowns are a highly-rated treatment that can restore your smile’s appearance and function while protecting teeth against further damage. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Stone, call our Birmingham, MI office at (248) 644-8520, or fill out our contact form. We look forward to helping you achieve great dental health once again.