Dental Implants in Birmingham, MI
What Are Dental Implants?
If you want a tooth replacement that allows you to live without restrictions, dental implants offer the unparalleled comfort and convenience you’ve been searching for. Our Birmingham dentist, Dr. Jay Stone, uses dental implants to restore any number of missing teeth and provide a permanent solution to bridges, and removable partial or complete dentures.
Dental implants are a durable, natural-looking solution to replace missing teeth from root to crown. They’re placed directly into your jawbone for unmatched support and strength, providing you with the look and feel of a natural tooth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Unlike dentures, our custom-made dental implants won’t slide around in your mouth, never need to be removed, and can be cleaned just like natural teeth. They’ll also stimulate healthy bone growth to prevent your jaw from deteriorating.
Dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care and provide many advantages including:
- Easy to maintain
- Secured to your jaw
- Prevent jawbone deterioration
- Improve ability to chew and speak with ease
- Natural appearance and function
- Resistant to decay
The Dental Implant Process
The process of completing your smile with dental implants requires a few visits to our office in Birmingham, MI. Your treatment will include the following steps:
- Initial Consultation ⎼ During your first visit, we’ll discuss your treatment goals and answer any questions you may have about the dental implant process. We’ll also examine your teeth and jaw to determine how much bone, gum tissue, and spacing are available for implant placement.
- Implant Placement ⎼ If dental implants are right for you, we can begin the process right away. We’ll surgically place the implant directly into your jaw, where it will heal and integrate itself into the bone. The healing process can take up to six months.
- Final Restoration ⎼ After the healing period is complete, you’ll return to our Birmingham office to finish the last step of your treatment. Dr. Jay Stone will securely attach your customized restoration to the implant fixture, ensuring excellent durability and comfort.
Dental Implant Candidacy
Many of our patients in Birmingham and surrounding areas choose dental implants for several different reasons, including:
- Replacing one or more missing teeth without affecting adjacent teeth
- Resolving joint pain or bite problems caused by shifting teeth
- Restoring a patient’s confident smile
- Restoring chewing, speech, and digestion
- Restoring or enhancing facial issues
- Supporting a bridge or denture for maximum comfort
Frequently Asked Questions
You won’t feel any pain during your procedure because Dr. Stone will administer an anesthetic. Dental sedation is also an option for patients who need it. There will be some swelling and discomfort following the procedure, but this can typically be managed with over-the-counter pain medication such as ibuprofen. Ice packs are also helpful to reduce pain and swelling.
Dental implants are the gold standard for replacing your teeth, so it’s not surprising that the initial cost of implants is higher than restorations such as dentures or bridges. Implants will last years longer than the alternatives and they also enhance your oral health. When viewed as a long-term investment in your health, comfort, and well-being, dental implants are worth the cost.
Implants require the same type of care as natural teeth⎼daily brushing and flossing, along with regular dental checkups and professional cleanings. Although implants are resistant to decay, the gum tissues around them can become inflamed or infected in the absence of good oral hygiene. With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
You can replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or even a whole arch of missing teeth with dental implants. You don’t even need one implant for every missing tooth. For example, as few as four implants can be used to support a denture and provide a full, permanent set of upper or lower teeth.
If you’re interested in learning about our dental implant solutions, schedule a consultation with Dr. Stone by contacting our office at (248) 644-8520. During your consultation, Dr. Stone will examine your oral health and explain your implant options so you can make an informed decision.
Visit Birmingham Dentistry Today
Whether you’re missing one tooth or several, dental implants are an effective solution to restore the look, feel, and function of your natural smile.
Give us a call at (248) 644-8520 to learn more about dental implants and how they can benefit you. Or, if you’d like, simply fill out the contact form and we’ll get back to you shortly. We look forward to helping you achieve your best possible smile.